HOW TO NOTIFY THE TOWN FOR LIMB & BRUSH AND/OR LEAF PICK UP
To make your request for limb, brush and/or leaf pick up you may stop by or call Town Hall at 704-279-5596 EXT. 213 (YOU MAY LEAVE A
MESSAGE WITH YOUR ADDRESS AND NAME TO BE ADDED TO THE PICK UP LIST).
Important: Your address and name must be on our list before you can receive these services. Please call the Town office at 704-279-5596
EXT. 213 to schedule a pick up.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LIMB & BRUSH PICK UP (THROUGHOUT THE YEAR)
1. Pick up typically begins the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month
2. Limbs cannot be any longer than 10 feet and no wider than 8 inches in diameter- no stumps allowed.
3. Town residents must call Town Hall (704-279-5596) with name and address before the first Tuesday of each month. If calling after hours
please leave a message.
4. Each property owner may have up to one (1) dump truck load of debris per month.
5. All limb and yard waste must be free of metal (nails, spikes, cans, yard furniture, etc.)
6. All debris must be in one pile and stacked with cut end toward street.
7. Debris will not be picked up if stacked or piled near or around public utilities, fences, fire hydrants, mailboxes, etc.
8. All debris must be placed in the Town’s right-of-way.
9. Limb pickup schedule is subject to change at anytime.
10. Town will not pick up any debris cut by a paid individual/company- pickup is responsibility of payee.
11. If the Town damages a citizen’s property during limb pickup, the citizen needs to contact the Town so that repairs can be made.
LEAF PICK UP (FALL MONTHS THROUGH EARLY WINTER MONTHS)
1. Leaf pick up begins in October depending on when leaves fall, and will continue
through the following January month.
2. Maintenance crews are out every Monday during the pick up period.
3. Town residents must call Town Hall (704-279-5596) with name and address before each Monday they wish to have leaves picked up.
(Make your requests weekly, please.) If calling after hours please leave a message.
4. A vacuum vehicle is used to pick up leaves, so please DO NOT BAG LEAVES.
5. All leaves must be free of debris and limbs.
6. Place leaves close to the street, but not in the street.
**All town pickups are weather providing, and may be extended if there are a lot of pickups.